One of my absolute favorite makeup products lately is blush, so it’s no surprise that I am starting this list with blushes and powders. I don’t wear foundation often, but since my favorite sunscreen (which I wear everyday) casts a bit of a white hue on my skin, I bring life back to my look with blush, and sometimes with bronzer and/or finishing powder too. I am admittedly over-stocked on bronzer (I think I have 4 or 5 NARS Lagunas, plus a bunch of others), so you won’t see any on my wish list today.
There is one powder on my definite list so I will start with that, Guerlain Meteorites in 02 Clair:
$62 at Sephora
I’m 99% getting this. The other 1% of me thinks I should get the compact version instead of the pearls. While the compact may be more travel friendly, I’ve heard the color payoff is slightly different than the pearls (comes off more heavy-handed / white). I have been using a sample of the pearls and love them, so I definitely want a full size!
Now on to some maybes. I should say, I literally just yesterday received the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush palette in the mail. So, I probably really shouldn’t be buying any new blushes to be honest, and if I buy any of these, I really should only buy one. Please help me pick – these are all too pretty!
This first beauty is Givenchy Le Prisme Blush Powder Blush in 24- It-Girl Purple:
You’ll notice I have two of these Givenchy blushes on this list. This first one is a fun, bright pink/purple shade that seems to be the most popular. These blushes have excellent reviews, and the cool thing is that use can use the quad all together to make one blended color, or you can use each of the blushes individually. So, these are sort of like 5 blushes in 1! These colors are gorgeous and will be excellent for summer!
I’m also highly intrigued by the 22 – Vintage pink version:
This color seems a little more practical for everyday, safe for work and year round. Definitely not as fun as It Girl, but I think I would still get a ton of use out of it.
Next for consideration is a new blush from Tarte, the Tartelette Amazonian Clay 12- Hour blush in Celebrated:
Ok, the more I think about this, the more I think this might be a new name for a color I already have. So, I definitely need to swatch it. That said, I think this color will be great for my pale skin and Tarte makes great blushes – they last through the day really well and don’t irritate my skin whatsoever. Even if this color isn’t right for you, I’d still highly recommend their blush.
This next beauty is Marc Jacobs Beauty’s Shameless Bold Blush in 204 – Obsessed:
I’ve heard nothing but incredible reviews of Marc Jacobs’ blushes and really have been wanting to buy one. This seems like a great color, but there are lots of fun colors in the line. The blushes are supposedly very buttery, and the packaging is also really unique.
The last blush on my maybes list is actually a set which includes two blushes and a highlighter, the make Up Forever Desire Me Cheek Set:
This is a pretty great deal since it’s three products and a brush. It’s from the 50 Shades of Grey promotions, and I just never took the plunge on buying it. The colors are pretty and blendable.
The other powder I’m considering is the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder In Diffused Light:
I’m definitely getting the Meteorites, but debating on still buying this too. I already have Ethereal Light and love it. This one is different though, and specifically made to remove redness. My skin has pink undertones so this could be good for me. I don’t have surface layer redness though, so not sure if this would be a waste.
Alrighty y’all, that’s it for the blushes and powders on my list. What do you thinking? Which would you purchase? Do you have any other recommendations? Can’t wait to hear about the blushes and powders on your lists!
Check back later today for the brushes on my list!